As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Reporting to the Director of Web strategy & Engineering, we are looking for a high-energy, results-oriented full-stack web developer to help manage global web properties for Datto. You will be part of a growing team to build and execute on the growing needs of the marketing team. Serving as a subject matter expert, you will collaborate with marketing stakeholders, designers & IT teams to develop & deploy code for the website that will be available in multiple languages. We are looking for a self-driven and innovative developer to help execute the transition from informational website to personalized, transactional web capabilities.
Does This Describe You:
You're a creative problem solver, a highly collaborative and innovative web developer with a desire to create cutting-edge web experiences.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Develop, test, and deliver clean, secure, production-ready code.
- Analyze existing code and make dynamic refactoring changes as required.
- Be a creative problem solver, with acute attention to detail.
- Coordinate with our Boston and Norwalk-based web team to craft innovative solutions.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Communicate ideas and strategies with project managers and other members of the web team.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design.
- 3+ years experience in a full stack engineering experience
- Strong understanding of the MVC pattern / OOP.
- Strong familiarity with Craft CMS or other PHP based CMS development.
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks such as Yii, Laravel, Symfony, or Zend.
- MySQL experience, with proven ability to write efficient SQL queries.
- Solid understanding of web application security principles and practices.
- Efficiency using the command line, as well as CLI tools and utilities.
- Strong knowledge of git.
- Proven understanding of task runners/pre-processors such as grunt, gulp, or webpack.
- Excellent communicator and cross-functional team player.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.