Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Manager of Sales Operations to join a rapidly growing team. Datto is an innovative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We are 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that enable and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We are headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Director of Sales Operations will provide strategic input, project oversight, process improvement, and execution of Sales and Marketing Operations at the company. This role will be the key thought and execution partner to the SVP, America Sales. To be successful, you will need to be a highly motivated, detail, process, and customer service oriented individual focused on meeting the needs of a growing and dynamic marketing and sales teams by driving efficiencies and improvements. This position demands a broad understanding of GTM process, procedures, and analytics that drive a successful sales operations organization as well as critical thinking competencies.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Sales Strategy - Actively identify the most effective, scalable opportunities to address issues and opportunities. Translate into actionable goals with supporting activities for each; implement dashboards/reports/tracking
- Strategic Analysis - Perform strategic analysis as to the performance of territories in International
- Forecasting and benchmarking - work with Finance, Marketing, and Sales leadership to lead top-down and bottom-up forecasting; build benchmarks, trending, analysis. Partner with SVP to hold sales leadership team accountable to forecasts and organizational processes
- Territory, quota, and incentives design - Serves as a single point of contact coordinating with Finance, HR, and sales leaders to design territories, roles, and incentives
- Sales Technology Management - define business requirements for Sales technology; assist with design, implementation, and integration; continuous improvement of solutions over time
- Market Knowledge - Stay up to date on the latest trends, innovations, and technologies used to enable sales success. Identify new markets and do research on market size
- Execution Orientation - Serve as a gatekeeper to the frontline - throttling efforts when the organization is asking too much/may be asking or something that could negatively impact the frontline’s ability to focus/execute effectively
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Finance, or equivalent degree/experience
- 5+ years in a Sales Operations leadership role
- A proactive mindset, strategic focus, and business acumen; unique ability to understand both big-picture organizational strategy and the details of execution
- Salesforce.com expertise; required
- Improvement orientation - proven experience reducing cost of sale/improving sales cycle times or outcomes (e.g. win rate, deal size) through process improvements and technology enablers
- Marketing Operations experience; preferred
- An excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Sales & Marketing Operations processes and systems (lead generation, campaign results tracking, sales process, CRM applications, reporting, forecasting, territory management, and sales quotas); required
- Comfort with advanced analytics and statistical analysis; required
- Deep understanding of (and empathy for) the role of a sales professional
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.