As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You have a passion for technology and problem solving
You not only stay up to date with the latest technologies but you even create foundational technology. You anticipate future customer needs and strive to stay ahead of them.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and test our Datto BCDR platform
- Design and prove-out next generation systems for storing and recovering backup data
- Rapidly prototype potential solutions
- Dive deep into code and systems to optimize performance, scalability, durability, and security
- Work with engineering leadership to identify opportunities to improve our current systems
- Work with software and hardware engineering teams to build products and features using the technology you create
- Passionately promote Datto’s core values. Promote collaboration and team growth
- Be a positive role model that others want to follow and be inspired by
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of new ideas to drive continuous improvement
Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software
- Experienced developer with strong design and problem-solving skills
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Proficient with developing highly available and fault tolerant distributed services
- Experience building complex systems from the ground up
- Expert knowledge of storage systems including block and object storage solutions
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts
- Exceptional ability to learn and evaluate new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience explaining technical concepts to all audiences
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working in R&D environments
- Experience developing virtualization technology or orchestrating virtual machine creation
- Experience developing file systems
- Knowledge with open source projects such as libvirt and QEMU
- Knowledge of overlay networks/SDN with VMs (e.g., OpenFlow, Open V-Switch)
- Ability to influence and mentor other engineers