As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a highly skilled, technical problem solver; a team player; and have a passion for software quality and customer advocacy. You have an understanding of the full technology stack and enjoy digging into code. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment utilizing the latest technology.
A Look Inside the Job:
Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure (DCMA) is a data protection solution that provides full business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) for Azure in one integrated stack.
You will ensure that Datto’s software products are innovative and of the highest quality by participating as a Software Engineer in Test, and being the voice of the customer as a member of an agile software development team:
- Identify creative ways to uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Ensure/advocate for delivery of automated tests as part of the development lifecycle.
- Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans
- Maintain a dynamic, complex, and ever-changing test environment
- Perform product performance testing, usability testing, and compatibility testing
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management
- Build detailed test specifications (functional, environments, resources) that transition into test strategies for existing and new features
- Execute detailed test plans
- Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Provide ongoing test activity status to Scrum Master, Team Coordinator and Product Manager
- Recommend improvements to the QA methodology
- You’re a problem solver, team player and also have a passion for software quality.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with manual and automated testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Experience writing automated tests with a framework such as pytest
- Experience testing APIs and implementing API automated testing
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting (equivalent Windows knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience working with a cloud solution: Azure, AWS, GCP
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Employee Assistance Program
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace App
- Generous paid paternal leave
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.