As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Data Architecture within our organization, provides architectural guidance, technological vision and solution development. It includes understanding and managing the data, how it interconnects and architecting data for current product needs and future roadmap considerations, and to support self-serve BI and BA opportunities. This position is for a person that is both business savvy and an expert in data design that enjoys framing a problem, shaping & creating solutions and helping to champion implementation.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Assist in creating a workflow for management of data access and CRUD policies and operations based on industry standards
- Stay abreast of data architecture and database technologies and methodologies and provide recommendations for new tools and processes
- Design and implement Data Migration and Integration processes
- Work alongside business units to provide insight and recommendations of data products helpful to achieve business goals
- Define and enforce data architecture standards, procedures, metrics, policies, security guidelines
- Understanding of ETL methodologies and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures including the concepts, designs, and usage of data warehouses and data marts
- Knowledge of master data management and data governance
- 3+ experience with design and implementation of dimensional, relational and transactional production database systems (MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years-experience as a data architect or equivalent role
- Expertise in Data Architecture, Data Strategy and Roadmap for large and complex organization and systems and implemented large scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake(highly desirable) or other MPP database
- Hands-on experience with big data architecture and tools and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure (AWS or Azure)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks/projects occurring simultaneously
- Defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure solutions result in a coherent systems design
- Providing support / guidance to development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes
- Strong problem solving, influencing, communication, and presentation skills, self-starter
- Strong communication both written and verbal
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices. Datto is an equal opportunity employer.