Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a talented, driven and collaborative Software Engineer to drive a best-in-class Customer Success & Services experience through its customer engagement platforms.
Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate.
Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
About the Role:
As the primary Software Engineer for our customer success & services functions, you will be the lynchpin in ensuring a best-in-class experience through our customer success and services engagement platforms. You will leverage your technical aptitude, analytical skills and passion for technology to enable the Partner Success and Services teams to effectively engage our partners with an unparalleled digital onboarding & servicing experience, as well as driving transformative enhancements to our core CX processes and platforms.
You will own the implementation portal experience for new & existing customers of our Business Management products (PSA, RMM, Datto Commerce), as well as develop new solutions and/or integration needs across our Customer Success Platforms and Business Management Products (Implementation Portal, Salesforce, Gainsight and PSA / RMM backend systems). You will sit at the nexus of our field-facing Success & Services teams, Enterprise Systems and our Business Management software engineering teams.
You will be someone who deeply cares about the success of your teammates, and can think creatively about how to improve the way to think about and engage the partner.
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 1-3 years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, C#)
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API consumption & development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with customer portals and CRM / ERP platforms
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. .NET)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
- Previous customer portal development experience
- Familiarity with customer success platforms
- Development experience with Datto Business Management Products (e.g., PSA, RMM) or similar platforms
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Employee Assistance Program
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace App
- Generous paid paternal leave
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.