As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As a member of the Data & Analytics Team, the Strategic Data Analyst will use technical and business knowledge to develop a strategic management of disparate data sources, reporting, and overall KPI strategy that aids in various business operations across the department. The position will be focused on developing organization-wide curated data sets as well as reporting metrics and preparing statistical data analyses. This role will also have responsibility for strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications, data sources, and users. The role will lead data analytics projects and the delivery of those results, facilitate team discussions around reporting and analytic strategies, and provide expertise in the development, usability and presentation of data.
- Understand, conceptualize and implement analytic solutions to improve data quality and consistency and to establish procedures and methodologies to ensure data accuracy and consistency of use.
- Lead, influence and identify new data sources to develop new and/or improved. processes for data acquisition and analysis to improve operational management of the business while collaborating with internal business functions to define requirements.
- Manage and manipulate multiple large data sets, as well as work with SQL, python and relational database systems to collect relevant data.
- Be a strategic information resource across verticals to help users understand the different sources of voluminous data available (raw engineering team metrics, bug reports, support customer touchpoint data, granular product usage logs, sales results, etc.), analyze the same, and assist stakeholders in drawing sound conclusions from often conflicting information.
- Create and lead best practices in design, execution, process and delivery.
- Display excellent interpersonal, communication & leadership skills.
- Work with management to identify and measure successful and failing strategies and identify opportunities for process improvement.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience. Graduate work and career experience in applied analytics, business intelligence and /or data science preferred.
- Advanced SQL, Python and Excel knowledge. Tableau experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods and their application to business problems. SPSS and R experience preferred.
- Ability to build advanced queries in several disparate data sources to conduct effective information extraction and integration.
- Solid understanding of financial terminology
- Expertise in analyzing and packaging large amounts of data into actionable research reports. Experience report-writing with enterprise reporting tools for ERP systems is desirable.
- Ability to work independently.
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills.
- Effective communication skills for writing reports/proposals and supporting presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.