As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is looking for a Data Quality Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut with worldwide offices.
Datto is looking for an experienced data quality engineer to to support end to end testing. The Data Quality Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, documenting and performing data quality checks across all data assets. That includes ETL jobs, reports, dashboards and data pipelines. The primary goal for this role is to ensure high quality of data delivered to internal stakeholders and customers. Validation of data in data repositories against data from source systems and validation of metrics and data in reports/dashboards against data in the repositories is a key responsibility. Principal responsibilities are to make data assets consistently accurate for users. This role will help to bring consistency to enterprise data and improve its availability and quality.
In this role, you will
- Design, develop and maintain data quality assurance and data monitoring framework
- Work in conjunction with Analysts, Data Engineers, and source system engineers to ensure high quality Data Deliverables
- Design and develop testing frameworks to test ETL jobs, reports and Dashboards delivery and other data pipelines
- Write SQL scripts and/or tools to validate data in the data repositories against the data in the source systems
- Track, monitor and document testing results
- Write high-quality, well-structured code that is maintainable and extensible
- Analyze complex data systems to develop automated and reusable solutions for extracting requested information while assuring data validity and integrity
- Perform tasks spanning the full lifecycle of data management activities with minimal supervision
- Promote and support the infrastructure of reporting, analytics, and data sourcing strategy; this includes developing and advancing standards and best practices and recommending infrastructure changes when appropriate
- Maintain data standards, enforce standard development protocols, and analyze requirements to ensure technical and standard operating procedure impacts are considered
- Develop and coordinate test plans. Communicate effectively to facilitate User Acceptance Testing
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Hands on Experience on Testing Methodologies that includes Test planning & strategy, Test Design & Execution, Defect Management & Triaging, Test Summary & Metrics, Test Reports, document preparations
- Experience with Snowflake database preferred
- Experience with AWS cloud preferred
- At least 5+ years of previous Experience on ETL & Database Testing
- Ability to create Complex SQL queries by applying transformation logic to compare data
- Able to review and use Source to Target Mapping sheet efficiently for creating Test Scenarios and Test case
- Understand Data warehouse concepts like Logical, Physical, Atomic and Dimensional Models
- Experience with APIs, Integrations and automated testing to support deep functional, integration and performance testing
- Ability to partner with the business and technical subject matter experts to ensure standardization
- Experience writing automated test scripts using Python
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle
- Independent, driven, creative with a desire to take ownership
- Able to find improvement opportunities and execute with minimal direction
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.