Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Director, Data & Analytics to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our Managed Service Provider (MSP) partners and believe that with the right technology, MSPs can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, and business management products that empower and protect the clients of our MSP partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut with offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for a highly experienced leader to oversee our global Data & Analytics function. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of developing and leading world-class teams. In this role you will be responsible for three primary areas:
- Business & Product Analytics
- Data Governance & Data Operations
- Data Architecture & Engineering
This role will own Datto’s central data and analytics platforms, defining the data strategy and roadmap to support Datto’s expansion, and bringing consistency to enterprise data -- improving its availability and quality.
You will collaborate with senior stakeholders across all functions to define business requirements, optimally structure data, and deliver analyses to track business progress, drive better business decisions and expand product capabilities.
And, you will cultivate a team culture of delivering excellent service to internal customers, while enabling other pools of analysts at Datto to effectively leverage data in order to meet the exponentially increasing demands for analytics across the business.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Drive the overall vision and strategy for enterprise data governance, solution architecture, and data services. Evaluate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities as required.
- Deliver core reporting including product and functional KPIs, and key operating metrics included in Datto’s public filings. Ensure ongoing data integrity, accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Expand the BI portfolios from systems of record reporting to enterprise data discovery, self-service BI and data science capabilities.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leads, IT, and business leaders across each function to understand current and emerging business needs and delivery requirements.
- Act as the primary conduit between the technical resources managing the data warehouse and the business resources consuming BI. Understand business requirements and design solutions to meet them.
- Engage on new product introductions and new business initiatives early to ensure a proactive approach to defining the data model.
- Advance Datto’s data governance practices including formalizing data definitions, governance structures, and documentation. Train and mentor leaders and analysts across the organization on data governance policies and standards.
- Lead, mentor, and develop the full Data & Analytics team (currently 18 people) composed of Analytics, Governance & Data Operations, and Data Warehouse & Engineering.
- Oversee the technical team accountable for system architecture, development and configuration, testing, deployment and maintenance, including the measures and metrics that ensure process consistency and continuous improvement
- Ensure that talent development and staffing activities are effectively meeting the current and future needs of the organization.
- 15+ years of experience implementing and managing data management platforms and delivering complex, global reporting and analytics solutions, preferably at a publicly-traded company.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) or Recurring Revenue business models is a plus.
- Proven track record of solidifying an organization’s data foundation, maturing its data governance practices, and unlocking significant value from leveraging business data that was previously not accessible.
- Strong drive to deeply understand the business and collaborate with business stakeholders to understand requirements, enable data-driven business decisions, and deliver insights.
- Prior success in building high functioning technical and business analysis teams that are held to a high standard of accountability and delivery.
- Passion for fostering a customer-centric team culture and delivering exceptional service to internal customers.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to effectively manage up, down, and across the organization.
- Ample experience developing, implementing, and managing a data analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and tailor messages to both technical and non-technical audiences and to lead cross functional initiatives.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to balance the "big picture" with the more “tactical”.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills and abilities to influence others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and formal presentation skills.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, data science, business administration or a related discipline combined with a relevant advanced degree.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.