As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As a VP of Software Engineering you would work to develop, implement, and maintain a strategic plan for evolving our PSA product to achieve strategic business goals. One of the key challenges will be to modernize the existing PSA product while maintaining the reliability our partners have come to expect. You will work to develop a strategic direction for the platform, hire and retain top engineering talent, and establish strong communication channels with the other areas of the business. This position requires someone with a thorough knowledge of what it takes to build and maintain highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. The ideal candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance without overshadowing the project's technical architect.
You will report to the CTO.
- 10+ years of experience leading managers, senior technical leaders, and globally distributed teams up to 100+ individuals
- Experience in leading proficient software engineering teams using agile methodologies
- Up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies, open source projects, and public cloud offerings
- Proven ability to recruit and retain top-notch Software Engineering talent
- Experience partnering with Product, Go to Market, and Customer Experience organizations to build and deliver a product vision to meet business goals
- Modernize architecture and delivery mechanisms while maintaining reliability of current platforms
- Experience building and managing highly complex systems, working with microservices and/or distributed architecture
- Experience implementing and maintaining a DevOps culture; possess a working knowledge of modern continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated technical abilities. For example, as evidenced by some combination of:
- A BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE, or Mathematics
- Work experience developing virtualization and/or cloud-scale monitoring
- Work experience in a technical position in collaboration with software engineers
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.