As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Agents
Datto Backup Agents run as a background service/daemon, serving requests from backup appliances; enforcing synchronization between business applications and physical storage; and creating point-in-time snapshots.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a highly skilled, technical problem solver; a team player; and have a passion for software quality and customer advocacy. You have an understanding of full technology stack and enjoy digging into code. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment utilizing the latest technology. You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance with the ability to read and understand code, and verify acceptance criteria
A Look Inside the Job:
- Participate as a quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Identify test strategies that transition into detailed test specifications for existing and new features
- Ensure/advocate for delivery of automated tests as part of the development lifecycle as well as participating in the implementation of automated tests
- Participate in release processes for your assigned projects
- Drive effective and open communication regarding test timelines, schedules and status reports, issues, risk, and product quality across all levels of the engineering and product organizations
- Provide mentorship with your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Ability to maintain a dynamic, complex, and ever-changing test environment
- Bring a fresh perspective by recommending improvements to the QA methodology
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Experience identifying opportunities for automation and implementing automated test cases, Python and Pytest Framework experience preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Experience testing APIs (cURL, Postman, etc) and implementing API automated testing
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting (equivalent Windows/Powershell knowledge a plus)
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience working with a cloud solution
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.