As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a highly skilled, technical problem solver; a team player; and have a passion for software quality and customer advocacy. You have an understanding of the full technology stack and enjoy digging into code. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment utilizing the latest technology. You have a passion for automation and a willingness to execute manual tests as required.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Participate as a quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Identify test strategies that transition into detailed test specifications for existing and new features
- Ensure/advocate for delivery of automated tests as part of the development lifecycle
- Participate in release processes for your assigned projects
- Drive effective and open communication regarding test timelines, schedules and status reports, issues, risk, and product quality across all levels of the engineering and product organizations
- Provide mentorship with your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Ability to maintain a dynamic, complex, and ever-changing test environment
- Bring a fresh perspective by recommending improvements to the QA methodology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance with the ability to read and understand code, and verify acceptance criteria
- Highly technical, with a proven commitment to quality and a solid understanding of test concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience identifying opportunities for automation and implementing robust automated test cases, Python experience preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Experience performing UI/UX verification
- Experience with BDD and/or Gherkin syntax
- Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Patience is key
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.