As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As the Product Manager, you will be directly responsible for driving innovation within Datto's rapidly growing product portfolio. Your work will help streamlining our efforts to introduce these new products to the market through standardized exercises.
In addition to owning the playbook for new product launches, you will be responsible for making these exercises suitable for Distributors' buying experience. You will take a special role on the Digital Experience team to create and maintain a framework that enables all Product Departments to add a new product to Datto portfolio quickly, such as: (1) identifying the technical capabilities we can offer when it comes to introducing a new product line, (2) Developing a playbook for new product launches, documenting and communicating available capabilities to respective stakeholders, (3) working closely with Distributors to gather input so you can keep their purchasing experience match their expectations with new product introductions.
- Create a "playbook" which includes the streamlined processes of how we can introduce new products
- Understand and document technical capabilities, that are required for NPI (new product introduction)
- Understand and analyze the gaps between our capabilities and new products business requirements
- Keep a report on how long certain actions are taking, so the playbook can have LoE (level of effort) information
- Work closely with development and engineering teams to document required information/data for them to build features
- Maintain and prioritize the roadmap of missing features to streamline NPI efforts
- Participate in project planning sessions to provide guidance
- Be the keeper of the standards, and lead product teams to the defined processes
- Regularly communicate updates, progress, changes on the playbook to stakeholders.
- Maintain and prioritize the optimization roadmap based on stakeholder input, business goals, LoE (level of effort), and expected partner impact
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- 1-3 years of product management experience
- 1+ years of experience in NPI
- Experience in market/user research, data analysis, or other ways to bring data into the scope to influence and support product decisions.
- Demonstrated skills communicating with peers, managers, and senior leadership
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, presentation and written skills
- Proficient in Jira
- Familiarity with Aha! is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices .
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.