As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
The Senior Compliance Analyst will be managing the execution and evaluation of Datto’s compliance program specifically in the areas of anti-corruption, export control, data privacy and protection as well as certifications for Datto’s hardware and software products. The ideal candidate should also be interested in learning about different global regulations, helping ensure Datto’s policies and procedures comply with applicable regulations, staying apprised of changes in regulations and learning about the products that Datto offers.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Help strengthen and manage Datto’s corporate compliance framework in various areas, including anti-corruption and export control.
- Design and enact standard procedures for new product testing and certification.
- Liaise with non-technical staff communicating technical information and providing regulatory guidance.
- Maintain relationships with product teams for future product readiness collaboration.
- Interpret regulatory specifications to satisfy product feature requirements.
- Serve as soft-tissue between legal team and other departments to support data privacy goals as might be required by regulation such as the GDPR.
- Help coordinate responses to government inquiries associated with issues such as data privacy, export controls, product safety compliance, and any other regulatory framework.
- Organize processes between information security team, legal team, compliance team, and marketing team to ensure correctness of marketing materials from multiple-perspectives including to verify accuracy and completeness of technical information.
- Be an attache analyst to the engineering team to help address issues relevant to compliance such as customer data retention.
- Support incident response measures, working as soft tissue between technical support, information security, and internal legal team.
- Understanding of compliance frameworks and information security concepts with a further ability to explain those frameworks and concepts to non-specialists.
- Experience successfully navigating complicated conversations with customers and helping build support among company partners for compliance projects.
- Project management skills, sufficient to support the management of multiple complicated projects at once, working with different departments.
- General facility with information technology products, tools, processes sufficient to conduct basic data analysis related to our technologies.
- Experience with Linux, ZFS, Bash, and SQL.
- Understanding of MSP market and services targeted to MSPs, including backup software and remote monitoring and management software.
- Relevant certifications such as CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CGEIT or CCSP a plus.
- Write concisely, precisely and simply so policies are understandable by non-technical and foreign readers.
- Communicate effectively with audiences at different levels and backgrounds.
- Identify and escalate potential risks.
- Exercise attention to detail, organization and strong follow-up skills.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.