As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions purpose-built for delivery by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a unique ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto has won awards for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore.
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer focused and take pride in your work
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
- Design, test and build our Datto Cloud Continuity for PC’s product.
- Work with product management to develop new features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data backup and recovery for our customers.
- Passionately promote Datto’s core values. Promote collaboration and team growth.
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of continuous improvement.
- Be a positive role model that others want to follow and be inspired by.
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service-impacting issues.
Skills You’ll Need
- Strong developer with object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- 4+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Exposure to debugging low-level Linux issues
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI)
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functional programming experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Front-end development experience a plus