As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The primary responsibility of the Services Consultant is to provide timely and efficient consulting, project management, and process integration services to new and existing clients in order for them to successfully implement the Autotask product suite. This job requires employees to combine their expert product knowledge with the demands of the IT Services Industry to ensure short term value add as well as long term customer retention. Successful candidates will have a mix of technical skills, ability to deliver high value service, project management experience, teamwork and a do what it takes approach.
You will report to the Manager of Services.
- Manage new customer implementations so that the customer is up and running effectively in the shortest possible amount of time and serve as primary point of contact between client and Autotask throughout the entire implementation process.
- Be a recognized product expert in Datto RMM and Continuity product lines.
- Manage multiple client projects while providing both high level and detailed business process consulting.
- Conduct assessment of customer needs, explain the product features and functionality and how it relates to the business.
- Provide consulting and assistance to customers via phone, email, and onsite visits as required.
- Define and document product specifications for customer installation.
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution.
- Identify, document and proactively manage risks and issues through to complete resolution
- Monitor customer utilization and adoption of the software throughout the implementation.
- Seek opportunities to sell additional licenses or professional services, and assist with scoping implementation and professional services engagements pre-sales as required.
- Contribute to the growth of the Professional Services by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentoring, educating, and enriching technical team members and non-technical colleagues.
- Travel is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management (small to medium projects), Implementation or Business Analysis experience.
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation OS
- Prior presentation and/or technical training experience.
- Experience with IT Service business operations.
- Previous experience with Professional Service Automation (PSA) and Remote Management Monitoring (RMM) Tools
- Experience scripting with Powershell
- Full understanding of Windows, macOS, Linux Operating Systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Willing and able to travel as needed; up to 75%
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.