As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
Datto Networking offers a number of cloud managed products essential for business and day-to-day operations. From wireless access points and ethernet switches to LTE failover routers, we focus on easy to manage cloud based solutions for Managed Service Providers.
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of professional experience with object-oriented or functional programming languages. Golang, PHP, and Python are strongly preferred
- Familiarity/Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud platform.
- Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and tools, such as MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows, and source code management tools (git)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience working with networking protocols or a strong interest in learning about networking protocols
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Effective communication skills
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development processes and methodologies.
- Availability for limited on-call support
- Experience with Microservices or container-based development (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTPS, IPSEC, 802.11ac/ax, QoS, etc.)
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Experience developing and supporting network security equipment and systems, such as L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS/IPS, SD-Security, SSL, VPN.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.