As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The Datto RMM team enhances and maintains the software powering the remote management and monitoring cloud service delivered from around the globe from the Amazon AWS platform. In a nutshell, RMM provides a central support desk with the tools to audit, manage, monitor and support the distributed devices of their customers. It achieves this by installing an agent onto Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android platforms which communicate in real time with our cloud service in AWS. It’s what’s known as an agent-based RMM. With the increasing number of network devices now requiring management, Datto RMM has slowly increased it’s network monitoring capabilities but now we want to build on this platform to provide complete network management from the cloud. You will build applications that may range from desktop applications to kernel, both Windows and Linux modules. Your primary responsibility will be to develop these applications as part of the Network RMM scrum team.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering (UK Based)
A Look Inside the Job:
- Apply functional programming
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and design solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Document at both the code and conceptual level how applications work
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented or functional programming using languages such as .Net or F#.
- Experience with the network and network device management protocols and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Experience developing automation of VM environments, preferably using VMware ESX and Hyper-V APIs
- Knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI)
- Experience using SNMP (including actual management), LLDP, CDP, uPnP
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of IoT concepts
- Data mining to identify network device fingerprints
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.)
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
- Thrive in an agile fast paced environment
- Experience with the implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.