Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Staff Software Engineer with a passion for security to join our fast paced growing team.
A look at the role:
Datto is seeking an accomplished Software Security Champion. This person will work with a talented Engineering team delivering some of Datto’s critical products. We want a passionate leader who loves to code, solve innovative problems and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. This individual will be a security champion, working closely with other Datto security experts providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams on how to build secure products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
Datto’s Partner Portal is a one-stop shop for our MSPs to manage their Datto assets across connected systems such as BCDR, SaaS, Networking, etc.
In this role, you will work closely with our Security experts to enhance and protect the software
- Engage with Datto Security to champion improved security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering and Security teams to prioritize security related work
- Design and implement fixes for identified vulnerabilities
- Participate in design and code reviews with security as your primary focus
- Design and implement security specific automated testing
- Mentor team members on secure coding practices
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and codebase
Who you are:
- You have a passion for security, software engineering, quality and continuous learning
- Understanding of Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT)
- Have solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, Scala)
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.