As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
Datto is going through a large digital transformation and is looking for a Product Manager on the Partner Digital Experience team to support the ideation and definition of our partners’ jobs to be done. You will be directly responsible for driving innovation for how Partners do business with Datto and have end-to-end ownership of products within the partner digital experience.
You will apply product management expertise and use critical thinking, data-backed analysis, and partner insight to help Datto transform the digital experience of our MSP partners. Our team’s goals are to make Datto easier to do business with, drive self-serve and personalized experiences, and increase partner engagement.
You will partner closely with our agile technology teams, and will work collaboratively with leaders around the organization, including Sales, Finance, Partner Success, Supply Chain, and more.
You will report directly to the Senior Product Manager, Digital Experience.
Who you are:
You love thinking of big ideas and posing the “How might we…” question to deliver leading customer experiences. You work with technology teams to build digital experiences that are intuitive and frictionless, and that drive engagement and business value. You are a collaborative, problem solver with a passion for using data, customer insights, and applying critical thinking skills to inform strategic decisions. You are the person in the room who keeps asking “Why?” and “What about…” until you get to the root cause.
- Customer Experience: Interview partners to understand their motivations, needs, and problems using an "outside in" perspective in order to design user centric product experiences. Gather feedback through user testing, research, and experimentation on design decisions.
- Market Orientation: Use partner segmentations and personas to gain a deep understanding of market trends, partner ecosystem, and gather insights solutions.
- Business acumen: Gain understanding of the company's strategy and provide input on product strategy, pricing, place, and promotion. Develop relevant KPIs that align to product objectives and support execution of GTM plans.
- Technical Skills: Conduct current state process analysis and develop desired state processes to guide product designs. Own and document requirements and specifications, prioritizing and making tradeoffs based on data- and fact-based opportunities. Develop insights from data to inform design or prioritization decisions and propose new product features for MVP releases.
- Soft Skills: Build and maintain trust with colleagues across Datto; partners on projects and initiatives by managing expectations and keeping stakeholders involved and informed throughout the SDLC.
- Launch, Communications, and Change Management: Develop and own release plans partnering with GTM to create internal and external facing launch materials, including training assets, FAQs, and communications.
- Equivalent of 2-4 years of experience in product management or customer experience
- Experience work on large digital transformation projects utilizing deep user research
- Deep experience leading customer interviews to understand their jobs to be done and pain points
- Critical thinker and data-driven; identifies the right problem to solve; structures and solves problems; demonstrates hypothesis-driven thinking with strong business acumen and judgment
- Leverage data to conduct analysis to develop actionable insights, inform strategic decisions, and develop product roadmaps
- Able to have both an eye for detail and think big picture
- Comfortable with being the ‘voice of the partner’ inside of an organization and dealing with ambiguity; strong intellectual curiosity; bias for action
- Excellent presentation, communication skills, and collaboration skills with the ability to take complex topics and boil them down to their key points
- 1-3 years in Management Consulting or User Research.
- Experience in bringing new products to market
- Knowledge of the High-tech/SaaS industry
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices .
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.