Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore and Sydney. Learn more at www.datto.com.
Datto, Inc. is seeking a technology leader to be its Application Security Architect. The successful candidate will combine technical prowess and demonstrate leadership adaptability while engaging team members to meet desired goals.
- Building strong relationships with technical teams.
- Providing coaching, mentoring and security expertise for all development teams.
- Ensuring that the security program is aligned with product strategy and objectives.
- Acting as the main technical point of contact for product teams as it relates to security and privacy.
- Conducting complete security lifecycle architecture and technical assessments, including but not limited to design requirements assessment, threat modeling, code review and risk assessment.
- Guiding security requirements and objectives for product features.
- Advising on secure architectures related to desktop applications, web applications, and cloud computing as it relates to core products and services.
- Quantifying residual product risk and identifying appropriate mitigation activities.
- Working with product owners, developers, penetration testers and other security architects on efforts to mitigate identified risks in existing products.
- Defining high quality standards for application security.
- Educating developers on secure coding principles and security best practices.
- Overseeing integration of automated security tools to drive secure product as it is developed.
- Building a standardized set of security product requirements and design patterns into product and service offerings.
- Representing the company within the security community and with customers on topics related to the security of Datto’s products and services.
- Recruiting, selecting, and mentoring a team of security professionals to support the security function as the company continues its growth and expansion.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of security design and architecture experience.
- Experience with compiled, interpreted and scripting languages (PHP, Symfony, C and Python).
- Strong knowledge of secure software development lifecycle and practices such as threat modeling, security reviews, penetration tests, and security incident response.
- Understanding of security by design principles and architecture level security concepts.
- Knowledge of current and emerging security techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of Agile software development practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups, help negotiate priorities, and resolve conflicts among project stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical leadership experience in the software security field.
- Driven to influence software security across an organization.
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.