As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Sr. Director of Total Rewards will drive compensation strategy for a rapidly growing, publicly-traded technology company with approximately 2,000 employees worldwide. This functional leader will direct the planning, design, implementation, maintenance and administration of all global compensation and benefits programs in order to support the achievement of Datto’s objectives as the company continues on its transformation journey. This role will also support the ongoing development of the company's high-performance culture by partnering with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to develop strategies to reward, retain and attract top talent. This role will require close strategic partnership with the Datto executive team.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain Datto’s global Total Rewards strategy aligned and integrated within the company culture and transformation goals
- Manage and implement Omnibus Employee Equity and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Set the vision for, as well as design and develop a multinational benefits strategy that meets the company's competitive needs, fostering the creation of a healthy work environment
- Provide leadership for administering company sponsored 401(k) Plans, providing recommendations to Trustees, and working closely with consultants to ensure the Plan follows all IRS regulations and ERISA requirements. Oversee annual plan audits, eligibility, plan amendments. Maintain fiduciary files
- Responsible for international equity issues, such as ensuring appropriate taxation
- Be a member of Datto’s Global HR Leadership Team
- Lead a dynamic, globally distributed team of compensation, benefit, equity, mobility and payroll experts
- Foster a culture of individual and team development and growth and provide a culture of trust and empowerment across the entire team
- Closely collaborate with C-level executives, members of the Board and Compensation Committee
- Provide these senior stakeholders with advice, support, analysis and the ability to implement market-based best comp practices across a dynamic, global business
- Build and deliver training and communications to support the total rewards philosophy and delivery through the employee base.
- Partner with key stakeholders to support strategies to attract, engage and retain top talent
- Partner with key stakeholders on M&A activity, including due diligence, retention, assessment and integration
- Work to ensure employees and leaders understand and value the total rewards offered by the company and their choices to optimize these rewards to meet their individual needs
- Lead the Total Rewards team, ensuring the ongoing coaching and development of direct reports
- Bachelor's degree required. A Masters degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or Finance is preferred
- Ideally 10+ years of experience in senior Human Resource roles, with at least 5+ years of leadership experience in compensation and benefits in a multinational, public-company environment
- Demonstrable expertise in delivering global, omnibus employee equity program for a publicly-traded company, preferably in the technology space
- Proven leadership in building and driving competitive global compensation and benefits strategies
- Experience developing and executing sales compensation plans
- Demonstrated international experience
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker, able to develop and communicate a compelling vision and direction
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Influential, strong negotiator
- Highly confidential
- Leads and influences through collaboration, strong professional, cross-functional relationships across a global organization
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.