As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The Datto Networking group is seeking an accomplished Software Security Champion preferably with networking experience. This person will work with a talented Engineering team gearing towards delivering ground-breaking technologies in the software defined networking (SDN), network virtualization and network automation. We want a passionate leader who loves to code, solve innovative problems and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. This individual will be a security champion, working closely with other Datto security experts providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams on how to build secure products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
This team provides networking and security services managed in the cloud. Datto’s Networking products span from cloud managed devices like Access Points, Switches and Routers to providing services in the cloud for example security. We are looking for an experienced Product Security Engineer who is an out of the box thinker, passionate about solving security problems and open to new ideas. This is your chance to apply your skills to improve the security of our products on a daily basis in a thriving security setting.
A Look Inside The Job:
- Partner with the Datto Security team to champion security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering and Security teams to prioritize security related work
- Design and implement fixes for vulnerabilities identified by security scanning tools or uncovered by our pentest team.
- Participate in design and code reviews with security as your primary focus
- Design and implement security specific automated testing
- Mentor team members on secure coding practices
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and codebase
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Limited on-call support is required
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of architecture and software development experience
- Experience with Golang and PHP strongly preferred. Or Java, Python, C++, or C#
- AWS or Azure certifications preferred
- Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
- Experience navigating relational and non-relational databases and messaging infra like MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, AWS SQS, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows and source code management tools (git).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development processes and methodologies.
- Has experience developing new user-facing features with security in mind
- Security+ , CISSP or similar security certification
- Familiar with vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS
- Understanding of authentication and authorization frameworks/standards
- Experience developing and supporting of network security equipment and systems, such as L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS/IPS, SD-WAN, SD-Security, SSL/VPN
- Experience with Microservices or container-based development (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTPS, IPSEC, 802.11ac/ax, QoS, etc.)
- Understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, DNS, and other related protocols
- Familiarity with SDN (Software Defined Networks)/NFV (Network Function Virtualization) and cybersecurity concepts a plus.
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)