As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Does This Describe You:
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Continuously strive for the betterment of engineering at Datto
- Ensure that security concerns are accounted for in every step of the build chain
- Work with Datto engineers to identify workflow pain points and develop their solutions
- Engineer continuous delivery pipelines that are secure, stable, maintainable and scalable
- Develop and enforce security standard methodologies, processes and tools
- Be the bridge between software and systems engineering
- Identify trends in need of a larger solution, beyond the scope of the immediate problem
- Design and champion best security practices within the organization
- Solve complex and challenging problems with simple, maintainable, and scalable solutions Utilize Open Source solutions where appropriate to stand on the shoulders of giants
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience with CI/CD platforms (Gitlab a plus)
- 3+ years experience securing applications via CI/CD pipelines leveraging static code analysis, unit and integration testing, dependency analysis, etc.
- 3+ years experience performing threat and security design reviews.
- 3+ years experience with containers
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer developing and maintaining an application
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration (full stack or devops experience counts)
- Experience with scripting and systems automation (bash, python, etc)
- Proficiency with git and ideally experience with collaborative use of GitHub or GitLab
- Passion for configuration management; Puppet preferred, Ansible/Chef/Salt acceptable
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, e.g. Terraform, OpenStack Heat, etc
- Experience with driving cross-organizational changes
- Experience with influencing senior leadership for positive change
- Default security-focused mindset
- Understands when to mentor, teach and lead teammates
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills—documentation is a must
- Good troubleshooting instincts and the ability to quickly triage / perform root-cause analysis
- The desire and capability to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment
- Agility in an environment that requires rapid iteration and pivoting
- Professional and courteous attitude
- Ability to effectively manage time and push multiple projects at once
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Off hours/on-call support require
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.