Product Specialist, Datto SaaS
Product Specialists, Datto SaaS are the central sales team for the Datto's SaaS offering carrying Datto’s unique cloud based threat detection software product suite and serve as subject matter experts for Datto’s SaaS product lines. The Product Specialist team will work to grow the Datto SaaS and threat detection business through collaborative efforts with the core sales team and serve as subject matter experts for the products. You will join a dynamic team that is driving growth and adoption of Datto cloud solutions into the market, leading the move to Azure-based Software-as-a-Service and disrupting traditional software vendors in the space. The Product Specialist team works as a secondary resource to partners, engaging with Datto Sales Executives as well as directly with Partners and prospects. This team is also vital to capturing market feedback (voice of the market) and informing other departments, including marketing and product development, on information including key feature requests and new product opportunities. Product Specialists are assertive, confident individuals that thrive in a growing business unit driven by sales targets and are passionate about helping Partners more efficiently sell public cloud product offerings aligned with the MSP business model.
Does This Describe You:
You're organized and have great people skills! You’re passionate about offering technology solutions that enable companies to maintain exceptional levels of business continuity! You are technically astute and business savvy, enough to make complex ideas understandable to business leaders.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Own and deliver on a sales target for the Datto SaaS business in your assigned territory
- Provide subject matter expertise for and work closely with the sales organization, business development, and marketing teams
- Forecast, track and analyze the opportunities and sales pipeline of the Datto SaaS business in your territory
- Responsible for growing their team’s number of new buying partners by proactively generating new qualified leads and conducting regular outbound prospecting calls
- Exceptional cold-call prospecting using consultative phone skills, including the ability to clearly articulate, inspire, convey confidence, influence, overcome objections, and remain resilient throughout the sales lifecycle
- Attend webinars and various other trainings to keep up to date with Datto’s proprietary and competing products and programs
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitive activities
- Capture market feedback and objections and proactively collaborate with Datto SaaS teammates to influence product roadmap based on partner communications.
- Educate and provide technical information to partners on how to effectively present Datto solutions to their prospects and current customers
- Attend and participate in team calls with sales team
- Ensure that the sales team is kept apprised of Datto SaaS sales and marketing information and work together in developing leads and closing opportunities
- Drive training and awareness initiatives for partners and sales staff
- Attend User Groups/Marketing Events in the field when appropriate
- Help partners develop opportunities with existing customers and new prospects
- Work with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to ensure our Partners are utilizing the resources available to grow their Datto business lines.
- Successful candidates must have a strong understanding of public cloud and related technologies, especially SaaS
- Five or more years selling public cloud solutions, with at least 3 years selling SaaS or threat detection software
- A verifiable track record of exceptional sales performance
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and potential customers.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with IT Service Providers / Managed Service Providers
- Leadership experience in Direct Sales, Business Development or Strategic Partnership development
- Prior experience in building and executing a strategic account plan both deep and wide across an organization
- Travel – up to 50% required; occasionally attending industry conferences and events to directly engage with Partners and prospects
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.