As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology.
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our employees to grow through professional development, training opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our sport teams, monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work hard play hard is not just a cliché here. Comprehensive health care packages and education reimbursement are just a few of our benefits.
Our UI/UX Designers are responsible for creating functional, visually appealing designs to address user and business needs, and that delight our users. They are passionate about creating exceptional, gratifying user experiences, advocating for the user-base, and constantly pushing to move the product-line forward. This particular Designer role is focused on, but is not limited to, the company’s Digital Experience and Internationalization initiatives.
A Look Inside the Job
- Lead and manage the design efforts on the company’s Internationalization efforts, as well as other DX (Digital Experience) initiatives.
- Work with Product Management to define and prioritize user stories and functional business requirements; assist in roadmap planning and in the company’s overall internationalization strategy.
- Translate user stories into functional business requirements and simple, easy-to-use design concepts.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management teams to define, analyze, and prototype software solutions.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the user experience of the company’s products to meet regional and localized needs and requirements.
- Create and document storyboards / prototypes illustrating product features and business workflows, to communicate with multiple departments.
- Provide elegant and simple design solutions that offer enhanced functionality while maintaining the integrity of the existing products.
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite system / software complexity.
- Directly responsible for delivering enjoyable User Experience visions, accurate UI specifications, and prototypes.
- 5 years of experience in User Experience / User Interface (UX / UI) design; developing consumer-facing websites; developing web or mobile User Experience designs.
- Strong understanding of UI / UX Design concepts, and an ingrained sense of what makes an effective, delightful end user experience.
- Experience designing products with an international market; experience transitioning a product to an international market is a strong plus.
- Experience with Figma and/or Axure.
- Experience in mobile strategy development is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, creativity, and multi-tasking ability; Ability to receive constructive critique of own work and use it to improve quality; Ability to be part of a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong persuasive communication skills - able to “sell” product visions and concepts to peers up to Executives.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field is a plus
- Experience with Figma and/or Axure
- Experience working on e.comm and/or quoting platforms
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field is a plus
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.