As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology.
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our employees to grow through professional development, training opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our sport teams, monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work hard play hard is not just a cliché here. Comprehensive health care packages, and education reimbursement are just a few of our benefits.
Datto is expanding our AU Engineering pod and embarking on a journey of global scalability. As our first front end Engineer you will influence the future of our leading SaaS platform - beginning with initial selection of application frameworks!
- Help us create a new UI platform for our popular SaaS platform.
- We’re taking an Australian scale-up global and already experiencing huge growth. This is an opportunity for a smart, experienced UI Engineer to start with a clean slate and help architect and build a first-rate user experience that will scale with us as we expand around the globe.
- Collaborate with leadership to evaluate and select our new UI framework.
- Our current application uses ASP.NET MVC and we want to move to a modern responsive framework. One of the initial tasks for this role will be to help us evaluate and select the most appropriate framework for our application.
- Build best in class user experiences for technology services providers Worldwide
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to help us re-engineer the front-end for our award-winning SaaS platform and set the foundations for us to provide great user experiences as we grow.
- Contribute to architectural direction
- Provide meaningful review and recommendations.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, code review and technology discussions.
- Effectively scope, plan, and contribute to design activities including prototyping, testing, and evaluation of service performance.
- Create multi-faceted experiences that meet the needs of the user, and look/feel great while doing so.
Key Skills & Technologies
- We are excited to speak with candidates who have experience or an interest in working with Blazor UI Framework
- Experience leading the architecture and implementation of significant UI projects.
- This is a great opportunity for the right person to shape the direction of our UI efforts. As the first dedicated front-end Engineer in the team you’ll have a vital role to play.
- Alignment with our team principals of simplicity, quality, excellence in engineering, and a drive to delight our customers.
- Deep knowledge of front-end frameworks and web technologies, design patterns, data structures, storage systems and web services.
- Deep understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- A solid understanding of web application security
- Familiarity with the Microsoft stack including Visual Studio and .Net.
- Experience building and running applications on Azure
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
Datto - A little more!
Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. Datto supports our partners 24/7/365. This commitment is a value at the core of every role in every office, always doing the right thing, and putting our customers first.
We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment.
- Virtual “Datto University” onboarding programme
- Health Insurance
- Income Protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace app
- Employee Resource Groups (Latin X, Datto Pride, Datto Culture, Women in Tech)
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
Note: Only candidates who are Australian Citizens or hold perm residency will be considered.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.