Senior Product Marketing Manager, Networking
Datto is seeking a dynamic Senior Product Marketing Manager (SPMM) with experience in Networking products to join the growing product marketing team. We are investing heavily in new and next generation products in this space, and are looking for someone excited to commercialize technology. This individual will be responsible for all product marketing activities including market-sizing, crafting of personas, product positioning, messaging and will play a critical role in developing and driving the go-to-market strategy and influencing product direction.
Working with a global cross functional team that includes product management, engineering, executive leaders, marketing, sales and business development, the SPMM will lead the marketing efforts for Datto’s Networking products. As a leading business owner of this product area they will build and execute the strategic marketing plan, while developing and creating core deliverables outlined in the plan. Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefit is crucial.
Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your products. Execute the following activities:
- Understand new and existing networking products and the potential fit in the market
- Conduct regular partner interviews for market research, to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
- Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer
- Create product positioning and messaging for Datto networking products
- Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
- Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the international markets
- Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
- Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
- Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for Networking products
- Use data and research to continually influence product strategy and evolve go-to-market plans
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required. An MBA is preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience in product or field marketing for Networking wifi, switch and software defined networking vendors. Experience working with the MSP channel a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification preferred
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the product family.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
- Develops skill to manage teams; uses basic skills to influence team members.
- Able to negotiate at a cross-functional level; is willing to give and receive feedback.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of responsibilities.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.