Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join a rapidly growing team. This role will primarily support the Engineering functions of the business, including: Software Engineering, Infrastructure, DevOps, Information Security, and Quality Assurance.
A trusted partner and consultant to our Engineering teams, you will assist with human resource-related issues, align goals and needs, and develop appropriate solutions where needed while serving as an employee advocate and change agent. You will guide culture and employee engagement by working closely with all levels of the team. As a dedicated partner, you will understand all aspects of the department, including general finances, and contribute to the overall strategy by using a combination of essential skills, tactical solutions as needed, and be willing to be hands-on. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the position covers all Engineering departments and may include other departmental and international human resource responsibilities.
Does This Describe You:
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead the talent strategy for Global Engineering teams
- Coach and advise on a variety of components impacting the employee experience: employee relations concerns, performance management, rewards and recognition, and compensation
- Collaborate with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Educate, coach, and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals
- Identify developmental training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Be a leader for diversity and inclusion programs and required reporting (e.g. gender gap, ethnicity and demographics)
- Partner with CTO to lead core HR processes across Engineering teams (performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success, following up to ensure training goals are met
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the broader HR team to develop programs and policies
- Conduct effective and objective investigations and minimize legal exposure, keeping thorough documentation
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to management of employees in all countries as needed, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- In partnership with management and talent development, drive the strategy and execution of organizational design, business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Provide input for wellness and awareness programs and other important employee projects
- You are HR savvy - you are an experienced HR professional who can drive talent programs, handle people dynamics and advise on HR policies; but more importantly, you know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team
- You love technology, are a high energy person and like fast paced, dynamic environments
- You are collaborative - you thrive off working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- High degree of human resource knowledge including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations where applicable, diversity, performance management, and country, federal and state respective employment laws and culture
- Experience working in a tech environment
- Previous experience supporting a software engineering team
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.