The Datto Networking group is seeking a seasoned and accomplished Technical Software Architect with network security experience. The responsibilities of this role will be split 60% development and 40% design and architecture. This person will work with a talented Engineering team gearing towards delivering ground-breaking technologies in the software defined networking (SDN), network virtualization and network automation. We want a passionate leader who loves to code, solve innovative problems and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
This team provides networking and security services managed in the cloud. Datto’s Networking products span from cloud managed devices like Access Points, Switches and Routers to providing services in the cloud for example security. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer/Architect who can help us enhance our current networking solutions, as well as help design and build the next generation of SDN/SASE products and features for the Datto Networking portfolio.
A Look Inside The Job:
- Set and drive a secure access service edge (SASE) solution
- Work alongside a best-in-class team to design and develop cloud network services, providing expertise, best practices, and research
- 40% architecture, 60% development
- This role will focus on backend development with Golang and API integration with PHP
- Gather technical requirements and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations with focus on quality and security and design adoption strategies
- Learn and champion new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability
- Research, analyze, recommend, and select technical approaches for solving development and integration problems
- Understand business goals and drives and translate those into appropriate technical solutions
- Create documentation and run training sessions
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Limited on-call support is required
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of architecture and software development experience
- Experience with Golang and PHP strongly preferred. Or Java, Python, C++, or C#
- AWS or Azure certifications preferred
- Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
- Experience navigating relational and non-relational databases and messaging infra like MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, AWS SQS, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows and source code management tools (git).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development processes and methodologies.
- Has experience developing new user-facing features with security in mind
- Experience developing and supporting of network security equipment and systems, such as L2/L3 firewall, DPI, IDS/IPS, SD-WAN, SD-Security, SSL/VPN
- Experience with Microservices or container-based development (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTPS, IPSEC, 802.11ac/ax, QoS, etc.)
- Understanding of the OSI model, TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, DNS, and other related protocols
- Familiarity with SDN (Software Defined Networks)/NFV (Network Function Virtualization) and cybersecurity concepts a plus.
- Familiarity with SASE framework and SWG, CASB, Application filtering, DLP etc..
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.