As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Manager, Quality Assurance.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a problem solver, team player and also have a passion for software quality. You are a capable coder, interested in everything from test automation, telemetry & observability, user experience & design, and other aspects that help determine the quality and utility of software products and services. You are a relentless optimizer, looking for new and creative ways to challenge yourself and others. You have an appreciation for good design, good user experience, and high-quality code.
A Look Inside the Job:
- You will become the champion of feature areas of PSA, and you will become the company authority on our products, competitive products, and the subtle things that make us the best choice for our partners.
- You will ensure that Datto’s hardware and software products are innovative and of the highest quality
- You will hold the development & design teams accountable for measurable, testable acceptance criteria, and you will represent the ‘gate’ for our Agile milestones.
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions, including usage of telemetry, automation, manual approaches, and TDD.
- Write, review, and execute test plans/strategies for validating product/system functionality
- Perform product functional, system, and performance testing
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management
- Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans
- Participate in Agile feature crews, alongside Development, Design, Product Management, Security Teams, and Documentation.
- Participate in release processes for your assigned project
- Establish repeatable and measurable test criteria for newly implemented capability, and work closely with Product Management & Design on turning customer requirements into actionable quality strategy.
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports
- Suggest and drive efforts to improve QA processes and methodology, test coverage, and product reliability
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with manual testing, testing applications, testing sites and automation
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably Agile Kanban or SAFE.
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Experience with writing automated tests with a framework such as Selenium.
- Experience with testing APIs and implementing API automated testing
- Knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and concepts
- Knowledge of APM & key principles of observability
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.