As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and security solutions purpose-built for delivery by Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses (SMBs) can achieve with the right technology. Datto’s proven Unified Continuity, Networking, Endpoint Management, and Business Management solutions drive cyber resilience, efficiency, and growth for MSPs. Delivered via an integrated platform, Datto’s solutions help its global ecosystem of over 18,000 MSP partners serve over one million businesses around the world. From proactive dynamic detection and prevention to fast, flexible recovery from cyber incidents, Datto’s solutions defend against costly downtime and data loss in servers, virtual machines, cloud applications, or anywhere data resides. Since its founding in 2007, Datto has won numerous awards for its product excellence, superior technical support, rapid growth, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Germany, Israel, the Netherlands, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
As the Senior Manager, Messaging & Content you will lead the global team responsible for creating and curating Datto’s messaging and content across mediums and channels and an integral team within the Global Marketing organization. Taking ownership of Datto Marketing’s content funnel strategy, you will oversee a team of content contributors, working alongside with Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Digital, Web and PR teams to ensure timely, relevant and engaging content is developed and scaled globally to be utilized for a variety of demand gen activities and campaigns.
Does This Describe You?
You're an experienced full funnel content strategist with experience defining the vision for a global, multi-product B2B SaaS organization. You thrive off creating new, engaging types of content, while optimizing current content in order to get the right messages to the right audience at the right time. You are motivated to help a rapidly growing business achieve key objectives within an increasing competitive landscape.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead global marketing content strategy across a suite of products, with a focus on developing content for multiple channels (presentations and events, email, PPC, Web, “big rock” content assets) for various buyer personas and audiences.
- Design content plan to support in-flight and planned campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, with a sensitivity to technical depth, and awareness of security, business continuity and disaster recovery trends.
- Oversee a small team of content marketers responsible for content research and production. Manage editorial calendar for Datto’s Content Center (first party and third party), as well as Datto’s global email marketing strategy and execution.
- Establish and uphold Datto’s tone of voice and messaging consistency across all digital and offline properties.
- Responsible for partnering with the CMO, PR and Product Marketing to ensure cohesive messaging across a full funnel stack of marketing activities, including executive spokesperson presentations and other external engagements.
- Partner with Digital Marketing to develop compelling content strategy to drive relevancy and engagement across our global SEO and PPC strategy.
- Establish the concept of content marketing for the full customer/buyer's journey, develop the strategy and plan to support this, with a view to scaling across global marketing teams.
- Define capacity model for content marketing, with a future facing lens. Streamline and manage relationships with third-party content vendors globally to maximize content production targets.
- Present content strategy concepts and quarterly deliverables to internal and external teams including senior leaders.
- Team with the CMO to develop key messages for marquee event scripts, including major programs like DattoCon, Datto’s premier event for the MSP community.
- Lead the team on elevating storytelling throughout Datto’s content, including bringing to life partner success stories across the content funnel.
- Establish governance for quality and consistency of content and messaging across vehicles to maintain Datto’s brand impact.
- Attract, develop and motivate a team of high performing content marketers, to drive content pipeline and scale for global teams.
- 8+ years experience in writing, content creation, email marketing and content planning
- 3+ years experience developing content strategy and directly managing content and/or email marketing teams
- Expert writing and communication skills, a world-class communicator (samples will be required).
- A solid understanding of content marketing principles including; full funnel content strategy, multiple products support, digital content, partner marketing content
- Strong business and marketing acumen
- Strategic planning for content marketing B2B teams within SaaS/Cloud industry
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with collaborators across design, web development, campaigns, product marketing, PR and outside partners such as agencies and publications.
- BA/BS qualification in marketing, business, communication, journalism or a related field
- Existing partnerships and experience within the IT MSP channel
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.