Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer II to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Sr. Manager of Quality Assurance.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a highly skilled, technical problem solver; a team player; and have a passion for software quality and customer advocacy. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment utilizing the latest technology.
A Look Inside the Job:
- You will ensure that Datto’s software products are of the highest quality
- Participate as a quality ambassador, engineer and voice of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Perform both manual and automated product performance testing, usability testing, and compatibility testing
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management
- Document and execute detailed test plans
- Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans
- Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Maintain your test environment
- Recommend improvements to the QA methodology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience with Linux is required
- Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with Linux shell scripting (equivalent Windows knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Experience testing APIs and implementing API automated testing
- Experience with writing automated tests with a framework such as pytest
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.