This is an opportunity to join the Datto RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) development team, purveyors of secure, scalable IT management solutions for the rest of us. Think millions of agents connecting laptops, servers, desktops, printers, routers, cloud services, hypervisors, virtual machines and sensors to thousands of globally distributed administrators via an elastic, resilient, scalable, true cloud infrastructure. Think big and make it happen. We're looking for people, yes multiple, with a passion for technology and how it can make ‘magic’ happen. The right candidates will have a track record of delivery that demonstrates a can-do approach to problem solving, an ability to achieve targets, and a genuine passion for creating cool products that look good and work better. We want people who will add something to the team – be that new ideas, experience, or just plain mojo. Smart people, people who get things done. Datto is not only a job but also a team of like-minded individuals that are doing stuff that makes a difference.
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Remote Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at www.datto.com
You are able to work remotely from home for this role as long as you are based in the US.
A Look Inside the Job:
The Datto RMM team enhances and maintains the software powering the remote management and monitoring cloud service delivered from around the globe from the Amazon AWS platform. In a nutshell, RMM provides a central support desk with the tools to audit, manage, monitor and support the distributed devices of their customers. It achieves this by installing an agent onto Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android platforms which communicate in real time with our cloud service in AWS. It’s both agent based and agentless, if a device needs management we aim to support it.
We are actively hiring for a Software Engineer II to be part of our backend team (Java).
Being smart with an ability to get things done is key. This typically comes with years of experience but don’t let that stop you talking to us if you’re light on years but heavy on innovation - and you can demonstrate it.
- A passion for programming, admiring the simple over the complex, and a sense of pride in your work
- Highly motivated individual, capable of functioning in a fast-paced, agile environment
- A minimum of 2 years solid back-end experience using Java
- Strong problem solving and requirements analysis skills
- Happy to work closely with others (Product Management, Dev, QA) in an established Scrum team
- Experience delivering an excellent user experience and a responsive user interface across multiple browsers Edge/Safari/Chrome/FF
- Good at presenting technical details/solutions and communicating these in a clear/concise manner
- Naturally collaborates well across teams, driving cross functional efforts
- Has exposure to modern SDLC practices/processes
- Experience consuming REST API’s
- Experience in developing API's in Java
Technical requirements - You’ll use these on a daily basis:
- State management (React Context/Redux)
- CSS in JS like styled components
- JIRA, GitLab/Bitbucket
Experience in one or more of the following is desirable:
- React SSR
- React Testing Library
- GitLab CI
- Contribution to open-source software
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.