We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer II to champion and drive best practices in software engineering including the process/tooling to support the build out of a secure/scalable/resilient RMM - a truly exciting, highly visible and influential role. You come with fresh ideas, are excited to work and grow at Datto. We are seeking a passionate individual that looks forward to collaborating with diverse teams, is inquisitive and focused. Transparency tops your list of values and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion. You are a customer focused individual that does the right thing. Being smart with an ability to get things done is key!
You are able to work remotely from home for this role as long as you are based in the UK.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player and a creative thinker.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Focus on usability, responsiveness, performance, and security
- Participate in product design and give feedback on usability early in the design phase
- Implement the user experience designs, and work with backend developers to integrate them with the full technology stack
- Optimize code for performance and memory usage
- Solid Front End experience is essential - using ReactJS.
- Deep knowledge and experience of development tools within the SDLC - Jira, Gitlab, Bamboo/Jenkins, etc
- Strong experience of working at scale, delivering a secure and reliable product
- Experience delivering an excellent user experience and a responsive user interface across multiple browsers
- Good understanding of the internals of web protocols: HTTPS, Websockets, SSE and REST
- Proficiency developing asynchronous code
- A passion for programming, admiring the simple over the complex, and a sense of pride in your work
- You like to write beautiful code, and you think coding is something creative
- Nice to haves WebSockets, SSE Iconography and/or other graphic artistic abilities
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Remote Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at www.datto.com.
This is an opportunity to join the Datto RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) development team, purveyors of secure, scalable IT management solutions for the rest of us. Think millions of agents connecting laptops, servers, desktops, printers, routers, cloud services, hypervisors, virtual machines and sensors to thousands of globally distributed administrators via an elastic, resilient, scalable, true cloud infrastructure. Think big and make it happen. We're looking for people, yes multiple, with a passion for technology and how it can make ‘magic’ happen. The right candidates will have a track record of delivery that demonstrates a can-do approach to problem solving, an ability to achieve targets, and a genuine passion for creating cool products that look good and work better. We want people who will add something to the team – be that new ideas, experience, or just plain mojo. Smart people, people who get things done. Datto is not only a job but also a team of like-minded individuals that are doing stuff that makes a difference.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits and perks package in the UK, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program complete with Datto Swag
- Private health/dental insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- LifeWorks offering discounts at local retailers/restaurants
- Income protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Datto Academy Learning Platform
- Headspace App Subscription
- Talent Development Team focussed on your career advancement
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit in the office
- Charity match program
- Seasonal company events
- Enhanced paid time off inclusive of family policies
- Education reimbursement
Please reach out to your recruiter should you wish to know more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.