As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is seeking a seasoned Director of Integration who will be a key leader of the Technology team with broad technical skills, deep industry knowledge, and unparalleled business acumen. This individual will run our integration function from a product, business, and technical perspective. The role includes building strategic APIs through Mulesoft and PHP technologies. The Director will oversee a team of Solution Engineers, Technical Architect and Business Analyst. The role will report to the Sr. Director, CRM Systems and serve as a strategic voice within the greater Technology organization including Product, Engineering, Quality, and Design.
- Understand the broader API ecosystem at Datto and work across application teams to build plans for the supportability, migration and evolution of existing services
- Build, mentor, and grow a distributed team of engineers and technical leaders responsible for building and maintaining the APIs our customers rely on
- Empower a team of highly productive engineers to make decisions and execute
- Partner with Product and Program Management to strategically prioritize and plan projects
- Build strong working relationships with internal customers to solve problems and facilitate adoption of API standards and tooling
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to engineers in design, architecture, development, quality, and career development
- Recruit and hire engineers and develop them into a thriving, collaborative team
- Assist Datto in business planning and strategy by focusing on business capabilities and maturity. Understand Datto’s needs, company's products/services and match them with best in class technology.
- Lead key integration discussions around change programs from both business and technical perspectives.
- Setting a company vision for integrations and managing it with all stakeholders
- Balance project delivery requirements amidst operational challenges. Deliver results with an agile approach.
- Managing a diverse portfolio of integrations with a focus on sustainability and supportability
- Overseeing the execution of new integrations by our internal development team
- Manage a team of solutions engineers and technical architect for development of integrations
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships with Engineering, Product, Sales, Success and IT teams and maintain effective communication channels
- Minimum of eight years of overall IT experience with a minimum of five years of IT Management within the field of Software Integration which includes working with MuleSoft and/or API driven frameworks
- Experience with aspects of defining integration strategy, delivery, discussions with clients, publishing articles and industry presentations with strong understanding in various integration architecture methodologies
- Technical experience in integration patterns, governance, security, and information modeling that pertains to integration and experience in the promotion of and delivery of API-first initiatives and delivery upon microservices and service mesh patterns
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Established people management skills with the ability to drive individuals and team to realize their full potential
- Proficiency in executing software projects in an Agile Environment using tools such as Jira
- Ability to be objective and think critically in consideration of leading practices that enable successful integrations
- Demonstrated leadership and influence skills including ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional management without formal reporting relationship
- Experience in identifying risks to project implementations and associated mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated ability to understand and design business processes and design solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and capability of communicating with a diverse range of individuals. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the enterprise
- Strong written communication skills and proven capacity to develop and deliver a point of view
- Ability to build relationships with multiple cross-functional teams to successfully implement projects
- Good understanding of web application development using HTTP REST, software standards, software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Direct experience with developing SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience developing web services, messaging layer using REST, XML, SOAP, WSDL, JSON, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases - MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle
- SSO/SAML 2.0
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Information Systems
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)