As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Development, this role will support corporate strategy, strategic partnerships, and M&A activity.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Build and maintain a database of all MSP industry vendors
- Support pipeline/portfolio strategy through data analytics, market research and commercial assessments
- Monitor competitor and other vendor activities and report to business leaders to help make informed decisions
- Research and present on emerging business models
- Provide periodic updates on market data, competitive intelligence, and adjacent business opportunities
- Conduct financial analyses including forecasting, valuations (e.g., DCF, precedent transactions, and comps), build/buy comparisons, etc.
- Develop business cases in support of M&A and/or partnerships
- Build impeccable executive/board presentations
- Support due diligence for transaction opportunities
- Project manage strategic planning sessions, M&A and integration activities
- 3-5 years of investment banking, PE, VC or consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record, preferably with an emphasis in finance, accounting, computer science, or economics
- Strong understanding of financial accounting, ideally with 9+ credit hours of undergraduate coursework in the subject
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, financial modeling and data analytics
- Strong communication skills both orally and written with the ability to concisely and thoughtfully summarize research analyses
- Ability to navigate and effectively operate with a variety of levels within and outside the organization
- High level of maturity and an exceptional work ethic
- Self-starter who can take on significant responsibility with little supervision
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment and is excited to deliver exceptional value to the team
- Excellent organizational skills and comfort with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.