As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You are able to work remotely for this role as long as you are based in the US.
A Look Inside the Job:
The successful candidate will join the DevOps team responsible for the day to day operations of our global platforms and tooling. With a focus on assisting our Data Analytics teams they’ll be expected to...
- Create and maintain automated solutions spanning the code management, build, package, deploy, and delivery functions of DevOps
- Create, maintain, and improve CI/CD and automated testing pipelines
- Manage the day-to-day usage and provisioning of cloud and hybrid resources based on the project needs
- Adopt engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions
- Build deployment automation with configuration as code to provision data cloud services/infrastructure
- Stay abreast of emerging DevOps and Data technologies/tools
- Ensure performance and availability of data infrastructure
Being smart with an ability to get things done is key. This might be from years of experience but don’t hesitate to talk to us if you’re light on years but heavy on innovation - and you can demonstrate it.
You should be great at one or more of the following:
- Experience with cloud technologies, ideally AWS, deploying stateless microservices in a containerised environment
- Cloudformation, Terraform, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience developing and supporting web applications
- Understanding of technical architecture and design, theories, and best practices in a broad range of deployment, management, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems
Bonus skills and experience:
- Java 8+, Spring Boot
- Elasticsearch, you know, for search!
- Contribution to open-source software
- Work related blog or GitHub account details
- Experience supporting containerised and serverless deployments using Docker, ECS, K8s, or Lambda
- Experience of consuming REST API’s
- Data Warehousing and ETL using Snowflake and Airflow or similar
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery using GitLab
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)