As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology.
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our employees to grow through professional development, training opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our sport teams, monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work hard play hard is not just a cliché here. Comprehensive health care packages, and education reimbursement are just a few of our benefits.
As a passionate, partner centric business we are excited to commence the search for a Corporate Counsel in the UK to be based within our Reading or Hammersmith office.
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate complex commercial and technology agreements including, licenses, SaaS agreements, technology services agreements, vendor agreements, NDAs, employee agreements, etc.
- Help develop, enhance, scale and run the existing global privacy program, including privacy operations and documentation; employee training; policy enforcement, monitoring and auditing; and incident response
- Provide privacy and data security subject-matter expertise and guidance to cross-functional colleagues
- Provide constant business and legal advice to domestic and foreign stakeholders, including sales, marketing, finance, human resources, operations, compliance, IT and software engineering
- Serve as liaison for the legal team with Datto stakeholders in EMEA, supporting a variety of legal and business needs
- Assist with development of programs to prevent and detect violations of laws, company policies, and other misconduct and promote ethical practices.
- Assist in training employees on policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience, with a proven background in commercial technology law.
- Willing and have the ability to work independently
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Previous experience in working within EMEA.
- Licensed to practice law.
- Strong computer skills.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and experience providing legal expertise to non-lawyers.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines. Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to establish relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Experience providing pragmatic and actionable advice to clients on various legal risks and obligations under privacy and data security laws in Europe (familiarity with privacy and data security laws outside of Europe is a bonus)
Datto - A little more!
Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. Datto supports our partners 24/7/365. This commitment is a value at the core of every role in every office, always doing the right thing, and putting our customers first.
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- “Datto University” on-boarding program
- Private health and dental care.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Income protection
- Access to Lifeworks - offering mental health and well-being support alongside local business discount.
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace App
- Employee Resource Groups (Datto Culture, Datto Familia, Datto Pride, Women in Tech)
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.