As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Our Intern Program
Datto is committed to attracting, retaining, and cultivating talent. Our interns work on real-world projects, giving them the opportunity to make an impact on our business. Interns become part of our fast-growing company, get to work alongside experienced professionals, and are mentored by team leaders. This year's remote internship program will include training, an engaging new-hire orientation course, lunch and learns, and intern-specific social events. In addition, each intern will have the opportunity to network with Datto's senior leaders and to participate in any of our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Interns will work 40 hours a week Monday through Friday.
You will report to the Manager of the Cross-Product Engineering Team (XPE). This internship will run June-Aug, 2022.
A Look Inside the Job:
- We are a cross-functional team that innovates our global data sourced from more than five products
- The role entails data engineering/transformation, feature engineering, data cleaning, analytics, building machine learning models, and a substantial product research component
- You will learn and interact with major data platforms including AWS and Microsoft Azure, and a range of data-storage technologies like MSSQL, MySQL, Snowflake, and AWS Athena
- We have daily standups/check-ins and a weekly 2 - 3 h joined working session
- Participate in regular meetings with key stakeholders from across the org to assess data needs and strategize on company-wide data development
- Work with product managers to define the future state of processes and develop recommendations to maximize the impact of data at Datto
- Student in data science, data engineering, computer science, or similar technical field
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries and eager to learn more advanced techniques
- Comfortable in at least one of the following: Python, R, Julia, SQL, Matlab, Mathematica, or similar
- Familiarity with basic graphing and charting and a tool like Tableau, Python, Excel, etc.
- Excited to work on high-impact, research-type data problems
- Excited to crunch data from many resources
- A self-driven and independent learner
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)