As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As the Global Director of Content Marketing, you will lead our content marketing and editorial team at Datto to produce high impact content supporting thought leadership, engagement, and demand creation to drive partner acquisition and retention. Taking ownership of Datto Marketing’s content full funnel strategy, you will oversee a global team of content contributors, working alongside with Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Digital, Web and PR teams to architect and develop a content calendar that supports multiple products across multiple geos, and reinforce Datto’s commitment to MSPs worldwide.
Does This Describe You?
You're a results driven, highly experienced content leader with a strong background writing for technical solutions, and using excellent story-telling skills to develop a compelling content journey for buyers at all stages. You are passionate about building and scaling teams to support global growth and excel at working cross-functionally. You are motivated to help a rapidly growing business achieve key objectives in an increasingly competitive landscape.
A Look Inside the Role:
Datto is looking for a content marketing leader who has built and led editorial and content teams at scale, preferably in the technology industry.
- 15+ years of content marketing experience with 7+ years of direct leadership experience building and scaling global content marketing teams to support the brand to demand story for technical products and solutions.
- Experienced in working within complex messaging hierarchies to deliver compelling content calendar and plan to support thought leadership, awareness and demand creation efforts in NA, EMEA and APAC.
- Highly comfortable working cross-functionally, both within and outside Marketing teams. This role requires close collaboration and alignment with corporate communications, product marketing, creative, digital marketing, field marketing, sales, and other teams.
- Proven experience in building a vision and strategy for content marketing function. Adept at assessing current state, mapping out desired future state and building out a content marketing team with the right roles and competencies needed to support business initiatives in various regions.
- Track record of developing an audience centric content engagement strategy, and ensuring this is reflected across channels and content types.
- Experienced in identifying process gaps within the full funnel content development and production process, and quickly bridging these cross-functionally to deliver an efficient and seamless internal experience.
- Excel at presenting content strategy concepts and quarterly deliverables with associated business outcomes to internal and external teams including senior leaders.
- 15+ years experience in writing, content creation, and content planning
- 7+ years experience directly managing global content marketing teams
- Proficient in content marketing principles including; full funnel content strategy, multiple products support, digital content, partner marketing content
- Strong business and marketing acumen
- Strategic planning for content marketing B2B teams within SaaS/Cloud industry
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with collaborators across design, web development, campaigns, product marketing, PR and outside partners such as agencies and publications.
- BA/BS qualification in marketing / business or a related field
- A world-class communicator
- Existing partnerships and experience within the IT MSP channel
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.