Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a QA Automation Tester to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is a global organisation with engineering offices around the world. The Datto RMM development team is headquartered in Amersham, England. Automated testing is performed on the Datto RMM product. We have an Automation Associate Manager in Amersham (reports to the Datto RMM QA Manager) supported by an experienced team of Software QA Engineers. The Software QA Engineer would work closely with the existing automation team to ensure that the automation framework meets the requirements of the Datto RMM product functional testing.
- Use knowledge of software development life cycle, technical skills, involvement in project activities and work
within a team to meet deliverables. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with an Automation Associate Manager and automation team members to establish day
to day automation tasks and evolve the Datto RMM automation framework.
- Create, run, and report on results of automation scripts.
- Maintain automation scripts so that as functional changes are introduced to Datto RMM the test suite
is updated accordingly
- Experience of developing automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver with Java would be helpful.
- Extensive knowledge of modular and data-driven frameworks (Page Object Model).
- Experience of automation testing for Desktop applications and HTML5 canvas applications.
- Experience of GraphQL API & Rest API test automation.
- Knowledge of designing and maintaining BDD Cucumber Framework with Cypress would be of interest.
- Experience working as part of an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) environment is desirable.
- Experience of using any of the performance measuring tools like Jmeter, HP LoadRunner, or similar
- Knowledge of Security testing, e.g. Gauntlet
- Solid knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr Scale (TM4J)
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Should have good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- ISEB or ISTQB qualified
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits and perks package, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program complete with Datto Swag
- Private health/dental insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- LifeWorks offering discounts at local retailers/restaurants
- Income protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Datto Academy Learning Platform
- Headspace App Subscription
- Talent Development Team focussed on your career advancement
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Seasonal company events
- Enhanced paid time off inclusive of family policies
- Education reimbursement
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.