As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to
Does this describe you?
A staff security engineer with experience building visibility, alerting, and response capabilities across traditional and cloud-based environments. Excels at collaborating with security analysts to provide tools the CSIRT needs to quickly detect and respond to threats. A highly technical engineer who is interested in continually learning and building your skillset.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Collaborate with security analysts to collect system requirements and acquire signoff for new technologies and capabilities.
- Responsible for building log/data ingestion pipelines. Including collection, parsing, enrichment, and health monitoring of data sources.
- Accountable for deploying and supporting tools to collect and correlate security telemetry. Tooling includes Network Detection and Response, SIEM, Endpoint Detection and response, Threat Intelligence platforms, and Security Orchestration Automation and Response tools.
- Be an expert on the tools you support, help educate analysts, and drive use of the complete functionality.
- Leverage coding and scripting skills to build automation.
- Use your development and scripting skills to create custom integrations leveraging APIs.
- Build documentation, processes, operational monitoring, and processes automation to efficiently and reliably maintain security tools.
- Responsible for monitoring systems, finding the root cause of issues, and resolving system problems or outages before they become impactful.
- 5-7 years of experience as a system engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux administration, management of physical and virtual appliances, and networking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of managing several projects at once and driving them to completion in agreed-on timeframes.
- Experience with partnering across engineering teams to complete deployments and achieve objectives.
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)