This is an opportunity to join the Datto RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) development team, purveyors of secure, scalable IT management solutions for the rest of us. Think millions of agents connecting laptops, servers, desktops, printers, routers, cloud services, hypervisors, virtual machines and sensors to thousands of globally distributed administrators via an elastic, resilient, scalable, true cloud infrastructure. Think big and make it happen. We're looking for people, yes multiple, with a passion for technology and how it can make ‘magic’ happen. The right candidates will have a track record of delivery that demonstrates a can-do approach to problem solving, an ability to achieve targets, and a genuine passion for creating cool products that look good and work better. We want people who will add something to the team – be that new ideas, experience, or just plain mojo. Smart people, people who get things done. Datto is not only a job but also a team of like-minded individuals that are doing stuff that makes a difference.
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Remote Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at www.datto.com
You are able to work remotely from home as long as you are based in the UK.
The Datto RMM team enhances and maintains the software powering the remote management and monitoring cloud service delivered from around the globe from the Amazon AWS platform. In a nutshell, RMM provides a central support desk with the tools to audit, manage, monitor and support the distributed devices of their customers. It achieves this by installing an agent onto Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android platforms which communicate in real time with our cloud service in AWS. It’s both agent based and agentless, if a device needs management we aim to support it.
We have such an exciting global team - the agent team (C#/F#) that deploys software to millions of devices on a monthly basis, the backend team (Java 8+/Spring Boot/AWS) responsible for building out a global platform to turn all that data into intelligent and proactive management insights and policies, and the frontend team (React) who build and support a UI that empowers a global customer base of MSP administrators to do more with less.
A Look Inside the Job:
You will report directly to the RMM Senior Software Engineering Manager and have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day operations of scrum engineering teams - actively involved in ceremonies from refinement/planning to retro
- Support engineering teams in the delivery of high quality, scalable, secure reliable software
- Execute on strategic initiatives driven by senior management
- Report on the status of software engineering teams, quality, operations and systems performance to senior management
- Proactively identify gaps in the processes or resources, develop actions to address gaps
- Partner/collaborate with product, quality, security, operations and wider Datto engineering teams (US/Europe) to drive cross functional efforts to ensure a smooth delivery of the RMM product
- Support the RMM product roadmap and provide input into the technical roadmap for RMM
- Responsible for resourcing/training and development of teams to support the delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- 5 years+ experience in leadership - managing software engineering/development teams, with the ability to work in fast paced agile environment
- Degree in Science or Engineering - e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent
- Certified scrum professional accreditation
- In depth experience of the Atlassian development tools suite (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, etc)
- Ideally someone with previous hands on experience in software development/engineering
- Experience of working at scale, delivering a secure and reliable product
- Experience of developing and coaching software engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to technical and non technical executive/leadership
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- A highly motivated individual who is truly passionate about software delivery
- Strong individual contributor and team player
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits and perks package, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program complete with Datto Swag
- Private health/dental insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- LifeWorks offering discounts at local retailers/restaurants
- Income protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Datto Academy Learning Platform
- Headspace App Subscription
- Talent Development Team focussed on your career advancement
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Seasonal company events
- Enhanced paid time off inclusive of family policies
- Education reimbursement
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.