Datto is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Product Launch Manager (PLM) with experience in security and SaaS software launch planning to join the growing product marketing team. This individual will be responsible for developing and managing cross functional launch plans, driving alignment & team communication, tracking launch milestones and evaluating overall readiness for all major product and solution launches. This is a critical role to ensure all teams work toward the same goal, and the right person for this role will be energized by the successful release of new products and solutions.
The Product Launch Manager is responsible for collaborating across Product Management, Corporate Marketing, Demand Gen, Sales, Sales Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Legal from product inception through market readiness. Responsibilities include working with Product Management to define releases, their goals and themes, ensuring all internal departments understand their role in releases, facilitating communication of release readiness internally and to partners, and managing lifecycle stages for products and solutions already in the market.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Understand the MSP partner channel, their clients and resulting launch success criteria
- Work with the team to define the strategy, plan and metrics for major launches
- Execute cross functional Go-To-Market plans for launches
- Track risks and dependencies, and work across the business to mitigate risks
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new product launches
- Develop regular status reports and brief management on the state of launch prep
- Advocate for decisions that drive business outcomes such as new partner acquisition, upsell, crosswell or reduced churn associated with launch success
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to launch.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and presentation skills.
- 5 years minimum experience in a program management office, as a project manager or equivalent for security and SaaS software vendors. Experience working with the MSP channel a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.