More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
- Increase the positive experience of the customers with the accuracy of detections
- Provide actionable data to the R&D team for fixing detection issues
- Alerting on new attack trends, or TTPs, that might be discernable from customer data analysis
- Use automation and other algorithms as part of the BitDam tools to easily react and verify the accuracy of the service
- Create rules for our Threat Hunting tool, which is in R&D, using the insights and intelligence we can observe in customer data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience in Reverse Engineering / Debugging
- Knowledge of OS Internals (Windows / Linux)
- Creative and innovative mind
- Hands-on experience with IDA / WinDbg
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
More About Datto
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Security Operations Scientist to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 17,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Director, Software Engineering.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Generous lunch allowance
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices .
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.