Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Internal IT team owns the services and infrastructure that Datto employees across the globe use every day. We manage thousands of devices, SSO and Identity Management, along with cloud services like Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, and Zoom as well as maintaining the office infrastructure supporting all employees.
As a Systems Engineer for the IT team, you will help Datto scale by automating manual processes, building custom tooling and connecting cloud systems together. You’ll be an important contributor to our fast-moving IT team, with experience rolling out tooling and scripts to support our fleet of endpoints, and ensure they meet our security and policy requirements. You will also manage the functional administration of many of the end-user applications (productivity, communication, collaboration) used by Datto internally as well as participate in infrastructure management, migration and upgrades.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Own and manage business critical infrastructure and applications, including Google Workspace, Slack, Active Directory, and Okta, along with other on-prem and cloud based infrastructure.
- Build custom tools to automate common business tasks.
- Create connections between disparate cloud services using APIs to integrate their data.
- Create policies and write scripts to manage thousands of Windows and macOS endpoints
- Automate processes through scripting and configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, or Puppet
- Collaborate closely with security teams to secure internal cloud platforms, and support compliance efforts.
- Communicate with all teams across the organization to share knowledge and align efforts where needed in IT
- Co-own change management processes and other related policies with engineering principles to help guide “Architecture and Engineering” practices in IT
- You have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, and work well in group problem solving situations.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You enjoy technical challenges and approach problems with an ‘automation-first’ mentality
- You are experienced with cloud platforms such as Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Zoom, and Github.
- You are familiar with version control systems such as Github
- You have experience with cloud based Identity & Access Management platforms.
- You have written scripts/code in an administrative language (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- You are a team player, balancing team and individual responsibilities; exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- You are a lifelong learner, and strive to continuously build your knowledge and skills, and enjoy sharing your expertise with others.
- You are familiar with a zero trust security model
- You have familiarity with managing infrastructure within a public cloud provider (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- You have experience managing the state of systems using tools like Ansible or Terraform
- You have experience with monitoring and observability tools e.g Nagios, New Relic, Datadog, and ELK.
- You have experience with managing Cisco, Asterisks or other VOIP systems.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.