As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
About the Datto Software Engineering team…
Our engineering teams work directly with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products to our MSP partners. We speak many languages like Scala, PHP, Java, C#, Ruby, English, French, Spanish, Korean, and Mandarin, to name a few, but what’s most important is technical excellence agnostic of language.
We embrace Agile principles and bring those values to how we work. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Our team embodies these values as we work together to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
The Portal Teams here at Datto directly support an intuitive, unified user experience for our partners.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Help design, build, and test our Unified User Experience in the Datto Partner Portal
- Work with product management to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience
- Work across engineering teams to improve system performance, scalability, durability, and security for the Datto Partner Portal
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks
- Be an advocate of new ideas to drive continuous improvement
Practically, you would work on an agile team of 5-9 Quality, Product, and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks.
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Passionate technologist looking to learn and grow from the best in software development
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Excellent out of the box thinker and problem solver
- Strong computer science background in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms with a good understanding of the software development life cycle
- 2 to 4 years of development experience in an object-oriented language (e.g., Python, Java, PHP, C++, Scala)
- Some experience with:
- Agile Scrum
- continuous integration, unit testing, and quality delivery
- distributed version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
- developing in a Linux environment
- development frameworks (e.g., Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET)
- relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Solid credentials (Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.