As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
Datto is seeking a product leader and strategist to join our Digital Experience and Platform team. As Principal Product Manager, Digital Experience, you will drive the strategy and execution for internationalization (i18n). You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that our products and platform are ready to use by partners across the world and that their experience will be delightful and consistent. In addition, you will take a special role on the Digital Experience team to drive cross-platform initiatives, such as 1) developing a comprehensive strategy to help us better understand the clients our MSPs serve; and 2) standardizing our participation in customer advisory boards.
- Own the Voice of Customer and competitive intelligence to establish guiding principles and needs for i18n. Be the champion and voice of customers, and bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Define the localized experience across all steps of the customer journey (discovery and awareness of Datto, purchase experience, onboarding, billing & payments, subscription management, etc.) and all product lines.
- Define and own the overall i18n roadmap, in collaboration with key stakeholders, prioritizing based on tradeoffs of business opportunity, level of effort, and what a good, better, best customer experience would look like.
- Own requirements, specifications, and release plans.
- Bring awareness of internationalization best practices to the larger organization and participate in company-wide initiatives to improve our international customer experiences.
- Establish a governance structure and framework for ongoing i18n.
- Collaborate with other product managers, engineering, enterprise systems, and user experience teams to define and develop the localized customer experience
- Keep stakeholders involved and informed throughout the planning, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle.
- Lead and direct our digital experience customer advisory board.
- Develop and execute on a strategy to help us better understand the clients our MSPs serve.
- Expertise: Equivalent of 8+ years in digital customer experience, product management, or similar digital product experience.
- Leadership: proven ability to set a vision, excite, and lead cross-functional technology teams and broader stakeholders.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical skills and business acumen - proven ability to execute on the spectrum of technical challenges through to go-to-market and business strategies.
- Skilled in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Expertise in leveraging data to develop actionable insights, and to inform strategic decisions and product roadmaps.
- Experience in conducting customer interviews, and other forms of gathering customer insights.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; strong intellectual curiosity; bias for action.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint / G-Suite equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience leading an internationalization initiative.
- Experience with technologies and solutions related to SMBs/MSPs
- Experience in strategic consulting
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.