Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Project Manager II to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut with worldwide offices.
Datto is seeking a Project Manager who would be responsible for leading strategic cross-functional initiatives on behalf of the Product Organization. This position will be a part of the company’s growing Strategic Project Management Office (PMO), and will manage a variety of different types of Product sponsored projects including new product introductions, continuous improvement, sustainability, risk management and End of Life (EOL) initiatives. Candidates in this role are responsible for team efforts from project inception through to the completion of project deliverables.
The ideal candidate is a positive, hardworking, approachable and accountable transformational leader who has a proven ability to drive execution and delivery. Individual must be able to interface with all levels of the organization to facilitate change and drive action. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can actively participate as both a member and a leader in a team orientated environment.
This Project Manager will partner with Product, Engineering, IT & GTM teams to utilize the Datto product launch phase gate process to run Product focused Projects driving execution of project deliverables & milestones to successfully meet delivery expectations. Projects can include new product introductions and other strategic product lead projects such as continuous improvement, sustainability, risk management and End of Life (EOL) initiatives.
They will lead cross-functional teams in development of innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems using business acumen, technical, and interpersonal skills. In this role the Project Manager will ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives and strategy across all product lines and build muscle memory in executing product-centric programs and projects to improve efficiencies in execution and to innovate to drive Datto's ease of doing business.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Develop project plans and schedules (define scope, objectives, KPIs, critical path, R&R, etc.) and ensure timely completion of
- Identify & manage stakeholder expectations; lead communication efforts to ensure transparency
- Create tactical path of execution, including outline of project phases, milestones, tasks & timelines aligned with Datto's Phase Gate
- Proactively manage changes; identify risks & mitigations strategy
- Identify program/project roadblocks and risks and recommend resolution. Identify and resolve conflict, manage inter-dependencies
and resolve issues quickly.
- Communicate and coordinate with c-levels, senior leadership, external suppliers/vendors, functional area leaders and stakeholders
regarding all aspects of projects being managed.
- Chairs weekly project team, steering committee meetings and other workstream/critical project related meetings to review progress
with key constituents and overall stakeholder management. Expected to take meeting notes capturing all actions and key discussion
- Responsible in driving accountability and holding action owners responsible.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations as needed
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Drive standardization, conformance and consistency in product-centric program/project execution
- Coach and direct cross-functional teams on product-centric execution guiding processes & principals accelerating adoptions and
driving operational excellence.
- Identify gaps and continuous improvement opportunities by executing programs/projects across all product lines sharing lessons
- 7+ years’ experience in project management or comparable experience.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business management field; MBA a plus.
- Experience in product management, project management and/or program management.
- Experience launching products and/or leading projects working alongside cross-functional teams for Product Organizations ideal.
- Project management professional certification preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated influence/communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with various levels in organization including C-Level.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate project related risk.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated time management skills while delivering multiple objectives.
- Demonstrated business analysis skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Active listening & strong leadership skills
- Ability to get along with others and drive execution and results without direct authority.
- Harding working, results orientated, positive attitude and loves to learn.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.